Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything

My mania continues, and so my knitting ADHD does as well. First, though, a pic of me wearing Josephine. Didn't she turn out lovely? I wore her to Knit Night at Knitorious this past Wednesday, and had Mindy take a picture before we went.

I am diligently working on Elann's Voyager Lace Stole in Malabrigo Silky Merino, which I will be wearing as one of the bridesmaids in Mindy's wedding.

It takes me about 35 minutes to finish a 10 row repeat. I estimated that if I do a lace repeat every day, I should be done by October 3. As of today, I am already working on this coming Wednesday's repeat. I really worked a lot on it last night and this morning so I could finally join my fourth (and last) ball of yarn. I've been listening to my podcasts while knitting, which I really enjoy.

However, I keep getting distracted by casting on new projects. First came my second Rusted Root. You may remember the first one I knit I gave to my sister Cindy. I decided it turned out so well, I wanted to make one for myself! I had some Debbie Bliss Cathay in my stash. Even though I love the color and I think the Cathay looks beautiful once knit, I think it is a pain to knit with. I am finding that it is extremely splitty. I actually thought that about the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino that I used for Cindy's Misty Garden scarf as well. You'd think I'd have learned not to use Debbie Bliss. But I can't help it - it's so pretty!

The second project I casted on this week was the Rainy Day Socks. This pattern originally appeared in the now defunct MagKnits, but is now on the Knotions website instead. I'm using Earthly Hues Saplings in Peace, which I got from The Loopy Ewe. I guess I needed some instant gratification, and since these socks are knit in sportweight yarn, I'm definitely seeing results. Plus, I really needed something I could carry around in my purse, since I try to take knitting to my group every day. Although I should be working on the stole non-stop, it is getting a little too big to carry around in my purse. It's funny, everyone at group is always interested in what I am knitting, and a lot of them scold me when I'm working on something other than the stole!

4 comments:

maitai said...

dang, you've got a lot of projects going on! josephine looks great! congrats!

wheelinsticks said...

I love the way Josephine turned out. Its a great color for you! Must steal, ermm look at the rainy day socks!

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Oh, I totally gave in. I'm 26 rows into the first mitt.

Montreal Mama said...

You're not the only one with Knitting ADD! I have it bad. I just got back from Rhinebeck and I want to cast on like 10 projects!