Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bonding with Baby

I spent Friday night and part of Saturday babysitting my sweet niece. This was my first time taking care of her, overnight, and alone. She was fantastic. I melt every time she smiles at me, and I can't hear all of her little "baby" sounds enough! At first I wondered what we would do with all those hours together. But it was amazing to me how quickly the time flew by. And, I have a new respect for my sister and all the time she spends being a mom.

On the knitting front, I have finished the first of 2 dishcloths for the Mason Dixon Swapcloth. I'm using Sugar n' Cream, 2 skeins, and for the second dishcloth I simply swapped the order of the colors used. I also plan to mail a few more goodies to my pal... So much fun!

I am anxious to finish the present dishcloth and Hobo Chic tote (I know, I've been working on that since the end of June) and start on more exciting projects. I'm especially itching to knit more of the projects in the Scarf Style book. I'm thinking of giving mom Misty Garden for her birthday in December. I also need to start Backyard Leaves for Lynn for Christmas. I have mixed feelings for that project. I'm actually fairly nervous about chart reading for the first time, but I think my excitement overrides my nervousness!

I am also now contemplating a few other Scarf Style patterns, including Midwest Moonlight, Ene's Scarf, and of course, the ever-popular Lady Eleanor. The inspirations I've found online are enough to make me drool. And I can't say enough how much I love that book.

No comments: