Sunday, January 28, 2007

Winter Wear

Pattern: Kim's Hat, Woman Size, Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Malabrigo Kettle Dyed Worsted Merino Wool, part of 1 skein
(I used most of the rest of the skein for a baby size hat of the same pattern)
Needles: Addi Turbo Size 9 16 inch circular, Brittany Birch Size 9 DPNs
Started: 1/13/07
Finished: 1/14/07

Pattern: Misty Garden (3), Scarf Style

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, 3 skeins

Needles: Knit Picks Size 3 24 inch circular

Started: 1/4/07

Finished: 1/22/07

(Why is Blogger doing this crazy double-space thing?!!!)

I gave the scarf to my sister, and kept the hat for myself. I'm now making a matching scarf, using the woven stitch. It's looking very pretty, especially with the Malabrigo, but I am hating working with Size 11 needles. It feels so awkward!

I'm also just about done with my second sock. Hopefully that will be an FO I can post in the next day or two.

I finally went to a Stitch N' Bitch group yesterday at the Hartford Coffee Company. It was a lot of fun, and totally awesome to meet and talk with other knitters/crafters. Plus, I worked very hard on both the sock and the Turtleneck Shrug. I actually finished the first sleeve and have started on the second. Amazing what 3 hours of knitting will accomplish!

No comments: