Sunday, April 01, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Contest

Ok, I'm supposed to discuss my favorite yarn. I had to think for a while, because of course I love so many yarns! But I think my favorite is Malabrigo Merino Worsted. The feel of this lusciously soft Merino wool yarn, along with its beautiful hand dyed colorways, has me buying it for so many different projects. So far, I've knitted a baby hat, an adult hat, and a coffee cozy in Malabrigo. I have more in my stash destined for a Clapotis and a Shifting Sands scarf. I could buy Malabrigo in every color, and my one of my LYSs, Knitorious, happens to have a fairly big display of it. They definitely enable my habit, don't they?

I think my least favorite yarn is anything mohair. Although I think I just haven't worked with the right kind of mohair yet. My first experience was an attempt at a scarf, but the long mohair drove me nuts, and I ended up selling the yarn on EBay. Who knows, maybe someday I'll give mohair another chance.

5 comments:

rfx1982 said...

The banner wasn't too bad, but I did have to use a couple different onlone tutorials. http://shiveredsky.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-to-make-custom-header-in-blogger.html (read the comments, they helped a bit more) and http://serendipitypatchwork.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-to-create-personal-blog-banner.html

Anonymous said...

Oh, a clapotis in malabrigo - I can't wait to see that! How luscious!

Me, I'm not a mohair lover either.

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Lucky, lucky, you!!

Mauren Mureaux said...

Way to go on the contest win! I'll have to check out that yarn now. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh malabrigo I have 1 skein in my stash for a hat & just mailed one off to my SP, hope she likes it too. Congrats on the contest win.