Sunday, May 20, 2007

Real Knitting Content & Some Other Stuff

The Knitting Content

Pattern: Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts

Yarn: 1 skein Socks That Rock Medium Weight in Farmhouse &

1 skein Socks That Rock Medium Weight in Watermelon Tourmaline
Needles: Size 5 Knit Picks Options Circular

Started: 3/31/07
Finished: 5/13/07

And here is the first of hopefully 2 Jaywalkers, on my beautiful new sock blocker from The Loopy Ewe.


The Other Stuff

Of course, I've been tagged! Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog. I’ve been tagged by Sarah.

1. Sometimes I think I care more about animals than I do people. I have such strong compassion for animals, I think because they are innocent, vulnerable, and offer unconditional love. This is why I became a social worker instead of a vet. I could never have handled being a vet - too much emotion.

2. I love to make lists. I make a "Things to Do" list every Friday, that carries me through the weekend. I have 2 pages worth of my "Knitting Projects" list that I keep in a binder with all of my patterns from the Internet.

3. I have an obsession with sheet protectors. As mentioned above, my "Knitting Projects" binder is one of 12 binders on my bookshelves. They house everything from my bank statements, knitting how-to's, and beading ideas, to name a few.

4. I am addicted to the Internet. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing. I check my email, read blogs, shop, blog, and just about everything else. I've been trying to curb my online shopping here lately, which feels super hard.

5. I used to be a dancer, back in grade school and high school. Ballet was my passion, and I often dreamt about becoming a prima ballerina. I was also on the Pom Squad in high school. I still have a desire to buy a leotard and some soft pink ballet shoes, although I can't imagine I would look too good in a leotard anymore!

6. I have naturally curly hair, just like that little girl in Charlie Brown.

7. I hate to cook. This is ok right now, since I am still single. I eat a lot of cereal. But I worry what will happen if I get married - guess I need to fall in love with someone who is much better in the kitchen than I!