Sunday, June 17, 2007

I Love Saturdays

I participated again in The Stitch Marker Exchange. (I really think stitch marker collecting can become as much of an obsession as yarn collecting.) I have received some great packages this week with some gorgeous stitch markers inside! First, a great set from Kimberly (notice how she even sent them on a decorated safety pin!) I love these color combos.
And second, a set from Cass, who says this is her first time making stitch markers. Looks like a pro to me! How pretty are these beads? And, Cass also sent this cute set of note cards. I love them! I actually collect note cards and journals, and these are a perfect addition to my collection - how thoughtful!I definitely have some great partners! Thanks again!

Here is The Plucky Knitter Lace Weight Yarn wound:
(I have to admit, I love winding skeins of yarn. How did I ever live without my swift and yarn winder?)

I realized the other night that I'm planning to swatch for the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl on Size 6 needles. Of course, I went straight to my set of Knit Picks Options. However, I soon remembered that my Size 6s are being used right now for Rusted Root. Not a problem, I thought. Maybe I could just swatch on Size 5s and see how that goes. Or, I could spend a little time today at my local LYSs and online, searching for the new Addi Turbo Lace Needles. I chose the latter, but to no avail. No one had a Size 6 in site. This is ok. It's actually a good thing. I mean, I was getting ready to spend money on a needle I pretty much already have. Granted, I really wanted to try the new Addis, but I don't need to. Besides, it sounds like the Knit Picks needles are sharper than the Addi Lace Needles anyway.

This is just more motivation to finish another WIP! (Soon!)

3 comments:

Romi said...

Oooooh! Nice eye candy. :)

tibbers sox said...

Thank you for the stitch markers! They are gorgeous. Will post a pic on my blog when I find the camera. Happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

Pretty stitch markers! You should be receiving another fun package soon - I hope to send it out tomorrow!

-SP10