Thursday, September 11, 2008

What I Did Last Sunday

(from left to right: Megan, Mindy, Kim, & Kara)

I was just thinking the other day about how I've only known some of my closest friends for about a year now. Doesn't that seem weird? But seriously, it took me until I was in my 30s to realize who I was, put that person out there, and then make new friends. I'm talking specifically about my knitting friends. We have only been hanging out for a little over a year, and yet it feels as though we have known each other for a lifetime. That's what I call good friends.

So some of us knitting girls got together this past Sunday for a night of dining and dyeing at Mindy's. Mindy is our resident expert dyer. She even has an Etsy Shop at YarningYenta.etsy.com, where she dyes up awesome self-striping yarn with a Muppet theme.
Here's what the rest of us dyed:
Megan dyed some roving from a friend

Kara dyed some sparkly yarn


Kim dyed some bamboo roving


and I dyed some wool roving from Kim


Kim is our resident expert spinner (we need experts in all areas, right?) Apparently Kim has volunteered to spin up everyone's roving. Can't wait to see what they look like!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a Rileypants in the first picture! :)

The dyeing and attempting to knit while watching Blades of Glory was fun, wasn't it?