Sunday, May 07, 2006

My First Day

Alert the press! Today is the day I post for the first time. If only I could explain how long it has taken for me to get to this point! Not so computer/blog savvy yet...

Ok, my sister's baby is due VERY soon, as in a couple of weeks. I have 50 rows left on the BBBB. It takes me about 10 minutes to knit 1 row (I know, don't laugh - it's long, and I'm still a beginner!) So I'm looking at about 8 and a half more hours of knitting. This would seem so feasible, except that I am constantly getting distracted by so many other things. For example, look at the new books I received the other day. I can't stop opening them, reading their valuable tips, and drooling over all the pictures of projects I will soon allow myself to begin. After seeing The Yarn Harlot in person here in St. Louis, I am now a huge fan, and I had to have all three of her books. As for Mason-Dixon Knitting, I love the beautiful, inspiring pics and the humerous story telling in this new book. I am so ready to dig into these patterns, and pretty much bought out my local Walmart's stock of Peaches & Cream cotton yarn the other night.

But, the BBBB must be completed first! By the way, here's a pic of Muffin; she is obviously being very helpful with the BBBB, don't you think? I know, I keep hearing about all these knitters who have numerous projects going at once. And I'm dying to be one of those knitters - but not until after this blanket is done!

On that note, I'm off to make up a smoothie and knit like crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your website/blog is awsome! But I don't think Muffin is to keen on the idea of having her picture taken while she is putting her personal touch on the BBBB.

T