Monday, August 07, 2006

Happy Monday

Today I was OFO (off for on call,) which means I had a three day weekend. I took some time to begin Misty Garden, a mohair scarf from Scarf Style. I love the pattern, and adore the progress so far. But, I'm really struggling with mohair. I may opt out of knitting with mohair for quite some time after this project! I'd love to share pics, but I'm having some trouble with Blogger uploading my pics this evening.

I bought Scarf Style originally to complete Backyard Leaves, the scarf I plan to knit for my friend Lynn for Christmas. She is requesting a black scarf, so I bought some great Classic Elite Yarns Lush. So looking forward to that project! I actually never thought I would buy a book just about scarves, but I am finding myself wanting to knit every pattern it there!

As for the Hobo Tote, it is almost complete. Continuous knitting in the round has gotten a little boring, but I'm excited to felt my first bag.

Finally, I visited Knitorious'new store this weekend - Fantastic! Sandy was so helpful, and the yarns were gorgeous. Bought my 2 Size 2 Addi Turbos in preparation for teaching myself knitting socks on 2 circulars. Too bad I have to work - I would be so much happier if I could just stay home and knit all the time!

Hopefully I can upload pics later this week...

No comments: