Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Big Day!

Tomorrow is the beginning of Socktoberfest! I started my first sock early (last week actually) since I am such a slow knitter and new to the whole sock knitting thing. Here's what I have so far:


I'm using 2 Addi Turbos, Size 2, 24" and Trekking XXL in Color 109. The pattern is Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. So far, I'm doing alright, although I'm obviously only knitting the leg at this point. I'm looking forward to getting to the other parts of the sock as well. It has taken me a little time to get used to using such small needles and thin yarn. But I think the result is fantastic!

Also in honor of Socktoberfest, I searched for and printed a zillion awesome sock patterns off the internet. This is my thing - I just barely learn something new, and I immediately have to look for more patterns. In my defense, the patterns are so amazing - I can't help myself!

I'm looking forward to everything this month holds!

1 comment:

bethc said...

Looks like a great start! I have to get something finished, but am itching to start some Octoberfest socks!