Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I LOVE wool, angora, cashmere, silk, most cotton, and well, pretty much everything but chenille. (I had a recent bad experience with chenille.) I am even learning to like knitting with mohair with a current scarf project.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have 2 straight needle rolls handcrafted by thimble. I store my DPNs and my Addi Circs in a Bass Pro Shop Double Sided Tackle Bag. My crochet hooks are in a pencil case. I am addicted to organization and can never have enough boxes, bags, etc.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting since the beginning of 2005. I taught myself how to knit with Debbie Stoller's Stitch n Bitch book. I would consider myself early-intermediate, I suppose. I am definitely always learning more, which I LOVE!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, see my blog for my wish lists. Unfortunately, I am always pining for something!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I love anything soft and flowery. I also like vanilla, cinnamon, and apple.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love anything dark chocolate, and tart candy like tangy taffy and sour worms. I am also a firm believer that ice cream fixes everything.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I enjoy beading. I am also presently teaching myself how to sew on my grandmother's sewing machine. I love collecting fabric squares and fat quarters, especially in vintage, flea market, and retro patterns. I am fairly addicted to anything Amy Butler (I just recently bought her book In Stitches.) I love reading books and magazines about all kinds of crafts. My mom and I can't seem to go to enough craft fairs.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) My computer can play MP3s, my car plays CDs. I like a lot of different music, except rap.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite colors are green and red (not necessarily together.) I also like combos such as pink and brown, red and aqua, pink and green, brown and turquoise - well, the list is endless!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am single and live with my two cats, Muffin (female, age 6) and Sam (male, age 4.) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE animals. I also have a new niece I am enjoying spending time with.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and gloves. I would like to eventually wear shawls, if I can ever muster enough courage to knit a beautiful lace one. Ponchos are not my thing.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I have enjoyed most everything I have knitted so far. I like to have something small going to give myself a sense of completion fairly often.

13. What are you knitting right now?
2 scarves with lace patterns, a sock, and the Turtleneck Shrug from Scarf Style

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I would LOVE to receive handmade gifts - I search them out!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like both straights and circulars, bamboo and aluminum, depending on the project and my mood. I also have both the Boye and the Denise Interchangeable needle sets. I still remain fairly loyal to my Addi Turbos, although I recently bought some Knitpicks circs, and they're not too bad. One can never have enough needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I own both, and I love to wind yarn.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Misty Garden scarf, started on August 5, 2006.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect? Beads, yarn, paper, journals, notecards, notebooks, pens, post-it notes, magazines and books related to knitting, beading, sewing, crafting, and interior decorating, elephant and cat related items

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Interweave Knits - hands down, my favorite knitting mag. My wish lists show how many books and patterns I would like to have! I am dying to try Koigu, Lorna's Laces, Socks That Rock, sea silk, and bamboo sometime soon.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I hope to learn Entrelac soon for Lady Eleanor, and am presently learning all the techniques used in knitting socks

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am just now knitting my first pair of socks, but can already feel the addiction beginning. I wear a US Size 7 1/2.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
May 10

No comments: